The TemperFIP100® PVC-C line consists of a comprehensive range of pipes, fittings and manual valves for use in the construction of process and service lines for conveying pressurised fluids at maximum operating temperatures of no more than 100 °C.
In 1986, FIP were the first European Company to produce an integrated system of valves, fittings and pipes called TemperFIP100®. The result was the creation of an entire series of products for industrial plants.
Today, thanks to twenty years or more collaboration with the company LUBRIZOL EUROPE, the production of the TemperFIP line of extruded and injected moulded pipes, fittings and valves makes use of PVC-C CORZANTM resins, specifically designed for industrial applications.
PVC-C resins are fully compatible for use in transporting water to treatment plants, as well as for conveying demineralised water and spa water.
The PVC-C TemperFIP100® system represents one of the more economical solutions in the field of thermoplastic materials and metals, able to resolve the difficulties encountered in process and service lines transporting hot corrosive fluids in the industrial sector, as well as in domestic hot and cold
water distribution systems.
PVC-C MAIN PROPERTIES AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- High chemical resistance: the use of CORZAN™ resin, obtained through the chlorination of homopolymer
PVC, can guarantee high chemical resistance, in particular against strong inorganic acids, saline and alkaline solutions and paraffin hydrocarbons. It is not recommended for the transport of polar organic compounds, including some types of chlorinated and aromatic solvents. Its electrochemical corrosion resistance guarantees excellent reliability for conveying domestic hot water in conventional and solar panel systems.
- Optimum thermal and mechanical properties: TemperFIP100® PVC-C is typically used in temperatures between 20°C and 85°C and has extremely low thermal expansion coefficients, thus guaranteeing excellent mechanical strength able to withstand service pressures of around 10-16 bar at 20°C. Its excellent thermal stability (VICAT value according to EN ISO 15493) together with its optimum creep behaviour (circumferential breaking strength according to ASTM D 2837 equal to 1000 PSI 82 °C, 100,000 hours) allows it to be used at temperatures up to around 95 °C for special applications and to satisfy particular performance requirements . The reduced coefficient of thermal conductivity (I = 0.16 W/m °C according to ASTM C177) virtually eliminates condensation problems and reduces heat loss when transporting hot fluids.
- Physical characteristics: PVC-U resins are characterised by their low permeability to oxygen and reduced water absorption (0.07% at 23 °C according to ASTM D 570). The physical properties of the material render it highly resistant to ageing and aggression by atmospheric agents (UV radiation) thanks to the presence of Titanium dioxide in the compound.
- Fire resistance: PVC-U resins also have excellent fire resistance with a flash point of 482°C. The flame, in fact, only persists if the oxygen concentration is three times that of atmospheric or in the presence of a flame from an external
source. PVC-C CORZAN™ resins are also classified VO, 5VB and 5VA according to UL94.
– Diameters: d16 – d225 mm
– Pressure: PN16
– Diameters: d16 – d225 mm with pressure PN16
– Threads: 3/8” – 2”
– Solvent welding at both ends:
– Elbow 90° (GIC), Elbow 45° (HIC), Socket (MIC), Tee (TIC), End cap (CIC), Union (BIC), Reducing Tee (TRIC), Reducer– short (DIC), Flange stub (QRC), Backing ring (ODC)
– Solvent welding at one end and male or female thread at the other end:
– Union with female thread (BIFC), Adaptor male thread (KIFC), Union with female thread in brass (BIFOC), Union with male thread in brass (BIROC)
– Solvent welding at one end and male or female thread at the other end, with reinforcment ring:
– Elbow 90° (GIMC), Socket (MIMC), Tee (TIMC)
For complete range of products and dimensional range please download the Technical Catalogues for PVC-C (link catre catalog tehnic fitinguri PVC-C).
Aplications: used in different installations where high chemical resistance is required to different chemical agents
- Chemical industry
- Food industry
- The metal coating industry (galvanizing, chroming, etc.)
- Chlorination station and watertreatment systems
- Swimming pools
Range of working temperature: 0 – 95° C